First of all, thanks for everyone's responses. I was worried that it might take a long time to get responses.

As far as subs go, I presently have a JBL PB10. I know that it's not a spectacular sub, but it has served me well for a few years. I will probably upgrade eventually, but wanted to focus on the mains first.

Everyone is hitting the nail right on the head. Having heard a glimps of that extremely clear and crisp sound in those high end rooms, I'm concerned that I'm going to be plagued by that buyer's remorse. I came home that day depressed as I listened to my 10 year old Yamaha loudspeakers. My blissful ignorance had been burst.

The game gets even more interesting considering the fact that I am expecting my first child, so finances are obviously a concern. The good thing is that my better half has heard those higher end speakers and understands my drive to have the two mains be able to produce that full and clear sound.....thank God....and she likes sci-fi and loaths chick-flicks. I know.....I lucked out on that one.

I think that I'm going to have some patience and see whether or not some of those who have converted like spiffnme jump in and give some input. I fully trust those from each side of the camp, but I think that the missing link are those that have heard both directly. At the same time, I am going to take Ray3's advice and call Axiom and make sure that I'm not going to run into a problem with the size of my room.

I will tell you that I am excited to get whichever pair I decide to go with. Just like Snippy referenced, many on these forums post that they hear their music in a new light once they started using their Axioms. I'm actually giddy in anticipation of that. Like Ray, I have researched the crap out of this and built up the anticipation like a kid before Christmas....soon enough.