Status Report: I talked with one of the Axiom speaker guys this afternoon about my quandry.

To begin with, he recommended the M60s if I can swing them. He said that my room dimensions shouldn't stifle the sound or anything like that. No surprise, his position was that you cannot go wrong with the bigger loudspeaker, because of the fuller sound and wider range, etc.

At this point, I am getting concerned that I am just getting the company sell by this guy. So, I decided to address the other speaker options.

Surprisingly, he recommended that I stick w/ the QS4s instead of the 8s. He said that he never used to recommend the 4s in any situation, but has since changed that position since they upgraded the tweeters to the same ones as the 8s. Since then, he says that the 4s can handle any tasks, as long as you aren't one of those that is really going to blast the volume.

Finally, as far as centers go, he recommends that I go the extra mile and get the 150 instead of the 100, mostly due to the fact that clear dialog is so central and critical to any movie experience.

So, as far as mains and center go, he said what I thought he would....what I was already thinking. However, as stated above, he surprised me by steering me to the more cost-effective surround solution.

At this point, I am going to hover a bit longer to see if I can get some of that input from the upgraders. I continue to be torn about the mains.....Perhaps I should get the 22s, upgrade them soon to the 60s, and then use them in my living room. How's that for logic?