To the best of my knowledge, yes all the drivers are firing. Now how would you test without simply putting your hand on them. I placed my hand near each individual driver, but all seems well. As for the voice, I guess, to me, it just doesn't seem as forward or as open as it does on the Energies. Perhaps it's the Energys adding a coloring I like.... I am not above agreeing that the Energys may simply be coloring the music in a way that I personally like, and the Axioms are "truer" to the music... I don't know, it's just a trend that I noticed. Maybe one of the drivers is spotty, or not firing correctly, but ultimately the 80s don't work FOR ME. I will be calling axiom today to see if they will do the downgrade for me. I don't mind people offering suggestions, or asking me to check this and that, or even questioning the methods of my testing. Heck, I'll be the first to admit I'm a noob, my testng is not a double blind, nor is my opinion the only one that matters. I just take offense when someone accuses me of propagating an anti-Axiom position. Fact of the matter is this, I've lugged these speakers to a store twice, gone through numerous setup changes, changed the wiring, rewired the speakers, done every check someone on here has suggested, and have reported everything in a true and fair manner... I have explained why I agree or disagree with someone's stated questions, and have tried to be as informative and unbiased as possible. Heck, I wanted to go to my music store, walk in, and have these kick ass speakers and basically be like, "ha, these are better speakers, and you thought they weren't." I guess I just don't appreciate the accusation (even though it has only been one person thus far) when I have done everything in my power to be honest and fair. Thanks again to all that have helped and have a good day.