i was reading this thread and found it rather funny. funny part being energy c-7 sounds better then m80ti. first off i don't have 80s. i have the m60s which are excellent sounding by the way. but i've heard they are very close to the m80s sound. so heres my two bits. before buying any system i read countless reveiws and listened to all speakers i could before buying. heres just a few. energy c-9,B@W 703,monitor gr60s,klipsch rf5 and last but not least kef 207 reference series. i found most to be very nice sounding speakers each with there own sound.monitor was the best the gr60s were very nice to say the least the price wasn't. i found the B@W nice to listen to too but i found them to be flat sounding. mabey at higher levels they would be better. also very expensive.kef 207 were very good also. as for kliplsh very bright sound but i happen to like that in tower speakers. last but not least energy the c-7 for me wasn't an option sounded almost like the thread starter descibed the axiom.also to say the axiom were muddy sounding and the energy clean and bright. very funny to say the least. i looked more closley at the c-9s which were okay. the vertias v2.41 were very nice but very expensive. but i was rather unimpressed with energy. i mean sure the v2.41 were very nice but too dam expensive i don't wanna pay over 4000grand for fronts when i got four more speakers to buy and a nice sub. so i rated them monitor first kef then klipsch b@w then energy. unless you wanna pay for a lot for there higher end stuff energy in my test was mediocre. so anyways after much debating about the thousands i was going to spend and what to get for it. finally i got lucky and a freind had just bought a axiom system. i had heard of axiom but never got a chance to hear them. so i finally did and it was what i needed to hear clean bright sound i loved them from that moment on. then when i asked him how much it was i almost fainted. great sound for a decent amount. i was sold on axiom bought my stuff the following week. although both of us have m6os not 80s, i still would put them up against 4 of the 5 speakers i auditioned. excluding monitors gr60s but the prcie difference is to much and the sound isn't. as for the c-7 energy i did not audition it long because to be frank its sound was lack luster at best. the c-9 was okay but i would still take the kliplsh rf5 sound over it. to each his own for the speakers they like. but the energy c-7 sound is no match for the m60s i own. never mind the 80s. thats my story and i'm sticking to it.