Ajax and wid, thank you for saying what I was going to. I am not trying to bash the Axioms. I really do feel like once I had them placed properly they were superb speakers. The only complaint I had posted was that the voice sounded "off." The problem was actually me on that one to some extent. After listening to more speakers with those cds, I realized some of the offness was actually the way the cd was recorded. I still, for my personal tastes, think the Energies did a better job with the voice, but other than that one aspect, the m80s took the cake once placed 4 feet off the wall. The voice is probably just a personal preference, nothing more. I have been in contact with Alan from Axiom, and he feels that my situation is a room anomoly. That is something that I can only test once I get some more speakers in my house. I have no doubt that Alan was accurate, and speakers that are "less fussy" about placement may be the way that I have to go due to restrictions in my room. By the way, Alan is a phenomonal person who was willing to help me out in any way possible. He suggested bookshelf speakers for my situation, and getting a sub, but since I am not currently in the sub market (don't plan on getting one for a couple of months), I will ship everything back since there is only a 30 day in home trial. At that point I will have brought some more floorstanders into my home, and will be able to figure out if it is a room anomoly and all speakers are bad (forcing me to go the bookshelf route), or if I can get some speakers that are less fussy about my room and can work in my setup. To anyone reading this thinking about Axioms all I can say is this. This company is NOT a gimmick, they truly do make great speakers. Give their 30 day in home trial a chance and see if you like them. If you get the results I did at 4 feet off the wall, and you have them placed as you desire, you will NOT be sending these back, they really are that good. For me, my room is just a PITA. Also, Axioms customer service is excellent, and I really do have high standards being in a service provider business myself, and know what makes good business. Thank you to all of you that have helped me, and I hope this has helped anyone else who is considering Axioms. Alan, thank you as well, you truly went above and beyond my expectations, and I would highly recommend your product. I will keep all informed as to the final resolution to this story... even if it is 6 months from now (I surely hope not, as I will probably be divorced if it takes that long)