My co worker at work got a Bose last week. He saw me browsing for speakers (I drooling over some B&W 800's) and went on this rant about how good the Bose are. He also mentioned that I should get some monster cable while I was at it.

He did not stop even after he saw me snap 3 or 4 pencils. So after a few deep breaths I said that there are better speakers to be had for the same amount of money. Man was he pissed. How could I say that about a company that does all that "Research" well he said "R&D". Also Bose was started by an India and how could I not show loyalty to a fellow Indian blah blah.

Actually in India (during my business course) we talked about how Bose is a success story as a business strategy nothing to do with quality of the speakers themselfs.

But more to the point, when I mentioned all the HiFi web sites like (Audioholics, Enjoy the music, Stereophile, 6 moons) he drew a blank. He pointed me to Circuit City where HTIB's were on sale and said if I did not like what he bought, I should buy the latest Bose lifestyle 48. He also claims that an MP3 sounds better than a CD (wav) as it is DIGITAL.

Some people will never learn. If we are to coexist in peace, just ask them if they are happy with what they have and I am happy for them.

PS: He also said I should buy a Dell instead of assemblying PC's even when I showed him a picture of my watercooled PC. Man, who brought this topic up? now I need a walk to cool off :-)

Also a linky : http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

Last edited by Apd; 04/18/05 09:45 PM.