Wow, I have to chime in here. I have a close friend who is adamant about Bose. He currently has the 5 cube system that he's had for a few years and thinks they are great. The funny thing is they do not even sound good for Bose since he has them hooked up to an old receiver that can't even do crossover settings. The system sounds like it's missing a big range of sounds yet he thinks it sounds good. I've always been direct about my thoughts on the Bose and at least offered to bring my receiver over and hook them up to see what they can really sound like on a good receiver. At least it would be better than what it sounds like now.

He recently went to a Bose store and looked at the new Lifestyle 48 Home Theater System. He just couldn't stop at telling me the cool features of it and how it sounded. He really was repeating all the things the sales guy was telling him (all those marketing and advertising dollars in action). This system cost $4,000.

Now on the plus side for him is that he has never bashed my system. He loves my home theater system and thinks it sounds incredible. The one big reason he won't buy anything like mine is because of the size. The M80's are big. I feel that would be the only big reason to get a Bose system. And in my honest opinion that isn't a good enough reason unless you need the WAF which I don't have.

As much as he likes my system and as much as I bash Bose, he is always going to be a die hard Bose fan. And there is nothing you can do about it.

Last edited by shag; 04/20/05 06:24 PM.

Shag