Uh....But, which track is that?

Ok, I know.... the patio rocks with speakers inside DO look OK on my end tables, but the wife WOULD rather have speaker-lamps.

Remember those German speakers we were discussing a few days or weeks ago? The ones that look like jet engine inlet bellmouths? Now THEY would make classy, colorfull lampshade speakers!

On another track:

Another reason why Bose and other HTIB sell so well? Here's a theory: Maybe cause the sound is kinda like "no highs, no lows, must be...."Sanyo...or GE or RCA or Sony or any number of other standard ol' fashioned TV sets with lil' bitty built-in speakers that are "easier" to listen to than a full blown quality sounding HT system like the ones "we'uns" all have.(chuckle)

Think about it.

Go and listen to one of your kids bedroom TVs and what do you hear? Voices are always intelligible cause the music isn't trying to compete with it. The bass-cause it ain't there-isn't adding to the confusion of an active scene. Your attention isn't drawn to the clarity of the music-and away from the story-cause the clarity of the music is just so-so, so, who cares? So, if you want TV sound from all directions, get a system that puts TV speakers...in all directions. Great, I'll bet, for those who just want to watch TV...

(and hide their speakers in flower pots-or lamps-or rocks!!!)