This is a terrific discussion, with lots of great and funny posts, but have any of you ever run into this one?
I swear this is true.
A buddy of mine, very well educated, incredible mechanic, craftsman, computer guy, the whole shebang. He is #1 on my list for first pick after a nuclear holocost.
And he spends decent money on audio gear. $300 Yamaha reciever, $400 Polks, buck & a half CD player. Not Crap.
And for the last 2 years he has had his speakers sitting in the entranceway between the living room and dining room. One on one side of the opening facing into the livingroom, and the other on the other side of the opening facing into the dining room. three feet apart. facing in polar opposite directions. I swear to God.
He could proabably take every piece of equiptment he owns apart and put it back together better.
And whenever i am over there, I ask, Man? What The F&^K???
What are you doing with this stuff like this?
Last weekend I told him, "Hey, you know if you just Bi-Wired those speakers backwards, I guess you might get something like MONO out of each, and you wouldn't be missing so much when you are in the other room."
He just looked at me (knowing that I was busting his chops again) and grinned, and said, "Oh Man, it just doesen't matter that much!"
I just shake my head.
Anyone else know someone who WILL spend the money on NOT CRAP kind of stuff, but then just abuses the hell out of it?

Axioms; For when you've just Gotta have More Cowbell! 60s 150 350 8s 2is RX-V2500 DVD-C750 2900