The WAF can be a powerful thing. Heck my acceptance factor also had me looking at Bose at the beginning. We both wanted a good sounding, unabtrusive system (the latter being my wifes top priority and the former being mine) and with all the hype Bose creates I naturally checked them out first hoping to get the best of both worlds. I realized size does matter and I could do a lot better for sound at less $ (always a major driver for frugal me). That and luckily my wife, the great gal she is, readjusted her top priority to accepting my judgement and what would make me most happy.

But for lots of folks asthetics (like small) is really important in the decision criteria. I'm sure Bose realizes these type of folks are a large part of their consumer market and the advertising is designed to reinforce that thinking.

But yup, all you can do is try and offer some alternative ideas like Bigjohn suggested and hope they are altimately happy with whatever they decide. That and thank your lucky stars (or your good wife choosing ability) the WAF isn't your prime driver!

Paul