In reply to:

heres a WAF for ya..

my wife comes home from school last night, and tells me that one of the other professors up there was talking about how his brother was a "stereo freak", and that he had just spent $35K on a new stereo system for his house. she said he went into detail about some of the equip, and what sort of stuff he had bought. after she told her story, she just kinda looked up at the Onkyo 701, and said with a grin, "i guess you spending $3000 on all this stuff aint that bad after-all".. now thats WAF, but in a good way!!

so thats what i do from here on out.. to make her think its OK to get the $800 SVS sub, i need to convince her its WAY better than the $3000 earthquake sub..

bigjohn

Yep, a few days ago whenever my wife asked about my spending habits as of late I just whipped up the Axiom message board, zipped right over to a couple of Dennis' threads, showed her a couple of the pics from his Haxiom gear and said to her....'Honey, each and every one of these folks on the board have a system just like this, mine's, er, uh, I mean OURS is a very conservative system!'

She just rolled her eyes.

Rick
Our Room

smile