Maret, I have had this receiver now for nearly two months and really enjoy its functionality. The Audyssey EQ is cool to play with and has nearly always nailed the distance and channel levels every time I've played with it. But in my case, it always boosts the upper frequencies too much for my taste. I now use the manual eq, loosely using Audyssey as a guide. The results have been great that way.

It drives the M80s effortlessly for both music and movies. Can't wait 'till War of the Worlds is released. Paired with the 3910 for movies, its better than seeing them first run. At 140wpc, it has plenty of headroom for my listening levels. It replaced the 3805 as the primary avr driving two zones. Inside, the power performance was not as noticeable as it was outside. In the backyard I have a pair of dual voice coil, 250wpc rock speakers that I thought used to sound great. With the 4806, I now know what I was missing. What a treat!

I don't use the HDMI upconversion for all sources as my Sony uses DVI. But is it nice to know I have it in case I upgrade it in the near future. And as with the 3805, this sucker runs very warm. But, that doesn't change too much when its cranking out the tunes.

I don't think you will be disappointed if you decide to go with it. Hope this little bit of information has helped.

John

Axiom stuff, Denon stuff, & Sony stuff