Well, I decided to do it all over again. My time is more valuable to me than a few bucks, so I went out and bought all new elbows, joints, and such, plus made sure that I had plenty of the plumbing solder and plumbing flux (which I did already). Instead of undoing all of the joints, cleaning the crap out of them, and starting over, I spent about $10 on replacements and just used my pipe cutter to cut the connections out, saving any usable length of straight pipe. This was really helpful where I had a section that ran along some duct work, then had to turn up and then over the duct, then back down and then turn yet again to continue down the duct work path. Instead of 16 joints (8 for the hot run and 8 for the cold run), it was 4 quick cuts and I was done.

I've also noticed that the plumbing solder is stiffer than the other, and also melts faster, even though it is rated at a temperature as high at the electic solder. This makes for much paster re-soldering.

Thanks for the tips everyone. I wish I didn't have to do it over, but at least I caught it now and not after I had hooked it in to the main hot and cold lines running through the house and then sprung a leak!

Farewell - June 4, 2020