In reply to:

I tried to run it in my house when I built it, but it wasn't recognized by state code.

Yeah, we have a lot of inspectors here who have the same attitude. All they can do is cite archaic codes and standards. They usually have little common sense. Problem is that they do not want to take the risk of assuming responsibility by accepting the installation. I understand their reasoning but when you are talking about CSA or UL listed products, why would they argue an installation based on manufacturer's recommendations that has gone under myriads of testing to obtain the ratings? It is one of my "pet peeves".

I am currently about to undergo a pex installation from the water meter to distribtution. I am using IPEX. A very reputable company that stands behind their products. My current copper distribution is a rat's nest. Most of it is about 50+ years old so I feel good cutting it out. The longest part of the installation will be the soldering (kitec to copper sockets) for each fixture (unless I can terminate with a copper spigot right off the pex pipe to connect the flexible braid pipe). But then again, it does not take long to solder those connections.