Yes, there is a copper/pex adapter. Pex is the way to go. I tried to run it in my house when I built it, but it wasn't recognized by state code. I spent months fighting with the state chief plumbing inspector to get it adopted, but he wouldn't budge. The local building department told me I could run it but they wouldn't give me a certificate of occupancy or sign off on the final inspection. Without that, I couldn't get financing. I had my attorney draft a certified complaint and nasty letter basically informing the city they would be liable if the copper failed (this community is plagued by pin hole leaks in copper and no one knows why) they actually mandate the use of type L copper just because of this).

The state adopted pex a year later. I was told that my argument and fight with the state and city is why they did it. I’m still worried about the 4000’ of copper throughout my house. – log homes take some very creative plumbing and extra…..oh everything.

Good decision replacing those fittings. I just figured you may have been committed to the lengths and couldn’t cut them out. In the future though, if you get them good and hot, you can get most of the solder out with your brush.