OK- back for the W'End and played some more(then away for 2 weeks!!!). This morning I have focused on playing music from classic rock (Eagles / Dire Straits / Pink Floyd / U2) to more modern stuff (Infernal / Eminem / Gwen Stefani / Black Eyed Peas).

General Impressions are the speakers are fantastic and I like them the more my ears "break in". In particular they are detailed, balanced and clear especially at loud volumes. I noticed that:
1) Silibrance was notitable only on particular tracks such as Infernal's "Paris to Berlin" and to a lesser extent Eminem's "Lose Yourself" - without another reference system it is hard for me to tell if it is the speakers, recodring, amp etc.
2) EP500 Sub settings are 35%, Full, Bypass, 0 Degrees and the Yami, 60db Cross Over, Natural EQ, Small, with Balance around +7 to 9db for the speakers and -4.5db for the EP500. These settings seem to suit me better (or else I'm getting more and more use to it!). The timing / localisation issues seem to be more pronounced with Doof Doof type beats but changing the cross over to 60hz seems to have work for most tracks. I also suspect that the issue is secondary vibrations from the suspended wood floor and front wall which are large wood framed doors / windows that badly rattle and shake when the EP500 is cranked up.

Yami V2600 Sound Settings: For what it is worth in my auditioning this morning I have found that for me:
1) Pure Direct is fantastic with the Axiom's. You get a wide, deep sound stage with the speakers invisible. I had to get up a few times to check the center speaker was not being used! Even without the sub I found plenty of base. This is my preference if I was to sit in the sweet spot.
2) 2 Channel Stereo - I found very poor with a narrow, shallow sound stage and noticable localisaiton of the speakers. More base though due to the sub.
3) 7 Channel Stereo - I like the feel of this, the front sound stage is more like pure direct but with a more eneloping power, base. My preference as I do other things and move around the room.
4) Music Sound Feilds - Personal preference on these, I did not mind the Pop/Rock settings and really disliked the reveberations in Freiburg. I am unlikely to use any of these DSP options.

More to come on DVDs later!
Nathan

HT:M80,VP150,QS8,EP500 Outside:4xM3 Office:AudioBytes, Rumpus: M60,VP150,M22 Portable:2 x Airs