DVD Impressions - The set up really shines on the the epics (eg opening battle in Gladiator, LOTR Battle of Hornburg). Unlike some of the music tracks auditioned above, this time it was easy to hear/feel the addition provided by the EP500 when directing LFE to it over just the MT60's on their own (m wife even said she should feel it in her spine!).

I have not changed anything in the setup from the earlier auditon with the music, just poped in the DVD and played with the sound feilds. Some people my be able to tell the difference between the THX, Standard (Enhanced), and Movie (Spectacle) but to me there were very similar (but you get more fancy lights on the Amp in Movie mode!) - they all seem to push the Axiom setup from detailed precise dialogue to a bone crushing sound field with ease (and we have just got back from IMAX - now that is a screen I want at home - but I bet I win on SPL!!)

Thats it for a couple of weeks - away for work and Easter (have a good break for those going away).

Also:
1) If I do get a SPL metre should I get a analogue or digital - does it matter?
2) I see the Yami can put out a test tone, is this OK or do I need a test disk?

Thanks
Nathan.

PS for those interested most of what I played today was from a Media Centre PC - Audio was Lossless WMA, DVD's were stored as VOBS, with a S/PDIF audio connetion pushing PCM/DD (LOTR was 6.1 I noticed).

HT:M80,VP150,QS8,EP500 Outside:4xM3 Office:AudioBytes, Rumpus: M60,VP150,M22 Portable:2 x Airs