And don't even get me started on digital cable. 1s and 0s in one end 1s and 0s out the other.

What I mean by specifying the "coax", is why use optical if you don't have too? The signal is converted into light and then back. Why put the signal through another change if you don't have too? keep the signal path as simple as possible. I agree that you don't want the cables to affect the signal no matter what. That is Purist's goal, to keep the original signal as pure as possible while keeping out the interference.

With that said, Some say "It doesn't matter what you buy. Lamp cord is just as good as Kimber 4pr speaker wire (their starting cable). The only difference is that Kimber has sucked you in to thier sales pitch" So, Kimber a huge company is banking their livelyhood on a sales pitch? I live near Ogden, Utah where Kimber Kable happens to be located. I was given an extensive tour, and was amazed by the extent of their research and development facility. I know for sure that I am not the only one that feels that Kimber and Purist make a huge difference in the performance of a system. Try and convice the attendees and exhibitors at the home entertainment show (theshowlasvegas.com) that Blue jean and Monster are all you need and nothing more.

So, I guess I am one of those that will feel better having $2000 worth of cables in my system. As a consumer thats all that matters, right?! I have heard the cables compaired to Monster and Radio Shack and have heard the difference. Not a psycological (I "think" I can hear)difference but an actual audible difference. Bass is tighter and the soundstage is improved.