Several thoughts.

1. If one is going to frequent this, or any, forum on a regular basis, I think one is going to find the same questions come up, again and again. Since new people arrive all the time trying to learn just as we did, it just comes with the territory and should be expected, and hopefully accepted?

To me, the choice is either try to help the questioner or ignore the question and move on. Often, my involvement is unnecessary because the question is adequately answered by others.

2. Ski, without meaning to put words in their mouths, I think (emphasis on the uncertainty) the reason Mark and those who get upset at seeing this question, and others like it, come up again, is not so much because it's already been discussed ad nauseum, but because those discussions have inevitably, and to our shame, disintegrated into quarrels, which, is unpleasant for all concerned, particularly those not directly involved in the thread.

3. I feel all on topic opinions, whether I agree with them or not, should be welcome here.

Personally, I believe there is little, if any, audible difference between well constructed cables. Poorly constructed cables are a different matter. The reason that is my belief is because I have come across no credible scientific evidence proving otherwise, and have, in fact, come across much credible scientific evidence upon which to base my belief.

However, as the regulars here know (apologies to them for the redundancy) I am a firm believer that "because I like it," and "because I want it" are perfectly valid reasons for making any purchase. In the past, I've spent just a bit more than is necessary on my cables because I like well made, decent looking cables. However Monoprice.com, is now satisfying my needs and wants at a price more reasonable than I've found elsewhere, and so far, I'm most impressed.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton