Alright! Why let it go? I am here to LEARN as well. Instead getting huffy puffy, explain what you mean!
Refer me to Expert sites that explain every path of the signal from DVD/CD to the speakers.

Kimber and Purist don't make pretty looking cables that are assembled in some foreign country. As for Kimber, I saw the braid machines in action and technicians terminating cables and interconnects right in front of me in Ogden, Utah. Kimber plainly displays their measurments of each cable/interconnect. So if the cable measuments are different, then there must me a difference between cables, right? Say the 8VS and the 8TC (same AWG)cables from Kimber have different specs.

Is the Coax and Optical signal the same at the end result, sure. I am just saying why CONVERT the signal if not necessary?

Now, if Purist and Kimber are putting thousands if not millions into research apparently there is room for improvment. How much improvment? Obviously enough improvment for the companies to spend the thousands if not millions on research.

Now, I want to learn. NOT personal opinions, but Experts and Physics only. On an understandable level of course! Thanks.