I really love the the previous model, too, though I'm already calling for warranty service a second time.

The first problem is that occasionally the screen will go black, then come back on, like it's re-initializing, since the display info comes up each time. It will keep doing it every minute or so until I turn the TV off, wait for maybe 15 minutes, then turn it back on. I called, and the repairman couldn't figure out what could be causing it, and Sony had no ideas, so they had him install a new lamp. The problem still exists, but it's been infrequent, so I haven't been motivated enough to call on it again.

However, NOW the TV has developed a yellow discoloration on the right side of the screen. It varies in severity each time, and sometimes you can't see it at all, but yeah, finally I felt compelled to call for service again. I'd better get the set working 100% before the warranty's up, as it was $4000 when I bought it. It was the lowest local price, anyway. The places that had it online for $1000 cheaper I didn't know if I should trust. It's the most I've ever spent on any one item, so yeah.

These problems aside, I love the picture quality.

C.V.