No experience with any of them, Spiff, but based on what I remember I've heard about Butterfly around the forums ("stay away from vendors from Brooklyn, NY with 'photo' in their name"), and based on what Reseller Ratings has to say about them, I'd avoid them.

Dbuys and IbuyDigital are the same company, in Edison, NJ. From what I find, I might consider going through them, but I'd have to do a LOT more research before I did. Good hunting.

Knowing where you are, may I suggest stopping in at the TVAuthority store in Santa Monica and seeing what kind of deal they could give you. The web page says "Showroom Hours: By Appointment Only" so you might give them a call to set something up. I bought my Samsung from them, and had a basically good experience. Others have had complaints that centered primarily around how long they had to wait for their TVs (it was an AVS powerbuy), and problems with the shipping companies (inaccurate tracking info). If you bought from them, you'd have to pay California state tax, but you'd sure save a lot on shipping.

Here's the TVAuthority internet store web site. I took advantage of their "9 months no interest, no payments (until May 2007)" offer and am paying my set off as I go. I had saved enough to bring the payments down to a manageable level. So far, so good.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton