I thought about building a HTPC, but the thought of fighting with yet one more stinking computer killed the idea. Between my home PC, my work PC, my personal laptop and my work laptop, I just don’t think I can deal with one more. Computers are great until they decide to misbehave, then I’m totally hosed because I don’t have the patience to screw with them.

The CIH thing is way cool, but way expensive too. $1500 and up for a lens, anther $2000 and up for a VP or buy a different projector that will stretch the image, then the masking system. My hour and a half or so look in awe at my wrinkled bed sheet should tie me over for a while. The image that 900 has over my 46” hd1080 mits TV is unbelievable. I can’t wait to see it on a real screen, and with sound.

I find that about 84 X 36" is the right size for the 2.35 stuff and 72 X 40 is about right for 16.9. But if I keep the height the same at 40", the 2.35 image is too big for me. I never would have guessed that picking the screen size would be this difficult.

Dave,

The whole room is a very dark garnet red in an eggshell finish. The front wall is solid and the rest of the room is what I call “Mike’s Mistake”. I tried to do some faux coloring with garbage bags and screwed it up royally. Ended up painting over it a couple times with the red to end up with something quite unusual. The image on the red wall didn’t show up at all. The black bars are non-existent. I could very easily zoom the 2.35 stuff if I make the screen wider and not even notice them, which is easy enough but I don’t want to have to shift the lens and zoom each time. So it’s either zoom and shift or zoom half way and mask the bottom.