Axiom Forum Rules
#1: Do not discuss speaker cable.
#2: Do not discuss interconnects.
#3. Do not discuss AC line conditioners.
<-- Note the smirk, it's a joke people!

I don't agree with the post about requiring supremely expensive cables as I'm quite happy with my belden & canare wiring from Blue Jeans. I'd say that so long as a cable/interconnect is solidly constructed, you're going to get 99% of the performance of I-could-have-bought-a-motorcycle priced cables. If you're an audio '1%er', then maybe that's important to you. It isn't to me. But this is off topic, so I'll leave my opinion at that.

I will stand up and say that, at least for me, the line conditioner does provide some benefits other than being an expensive surge protector & having a spiffy display. It's pretty simple to plug my DVR into the wall and hear an occasional moderately annoying tick-tick-tick noise in the dolby digital stream, and for that noise to almost completely vanish when plugged into the PF60. I'm not making it up, it's not subtle, and no other variables have changed in the audio-electric topology of my home theater system. I wouldn't disagree a bit that something could be wrong with the DVR that the PF60 is somehow covering up, but the fact remains that the PF60 IS doing something positive other than adding another 40 pounds to my already stressed out AV rack. Would I have paid $600 for it? Absolutely not. But at the (IMHO) good price that I found mine for, I'm happy.

I would never tell someone asking, 'what do I need for a good system,' that a power condition is absolutely required. It isn't. But I will describe my positive experience to someone asking if an AC line conditioner would help them, as the OP has done.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office