I would say it is much to Jack's delightful amusement. I think it's a great line and have quoted it many times.

Just to make my position clear, I don't consider a line conditioner a rip-off if, as Chess pointed out, it is purchased for the right reasons.

I have never claimed, and never will, that my PF60 "conditions" my electricity or makes my system sound better. I neither know nor care if it does. That's not why I made my purchase. On the other hand, it has given me a large number of inputs (which I need); it allows me to remotely turn on any or all of the inputs, and delay any or all if, that is desired; it provides me a modest level of peace of mind because of the alleged surge protection for my expensive equipment (I am a man of modest means and would be hard-pressed to "upgrade" my equipment); and its looks please me. To me, all are valid reasons for my purchase, and I don't feel ripped off in the least. YMMV

Nor do I mind that John disagrees with me, and I hope he does not mind if I, occasionally, disagree with him. My liking and respect for him is not based upon how much he agrees with me. It's based on the fact that he's a Brown's fan, which, these days, is a brave and courageous thing (as an Ohio State alumnus, I graciously overlook that fact that he is an alumnus of..........that school up North).

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton