Regarding chesseroo's last post, I am not saying that the noise that is entering through my service entrance is affecting sound quality. However, there is so much noise that is radiating out from my receptacles and lights that I can't calibrate my channels unless I turn my lights off. For example, the autocalibration feature on my Denon sets all channels to +12dB. With the lights off (incandescent by the way), the Denon sets them all to within a few dB of zero. If I hold my SPL meter at waist level with all of my lights on, it reads 85dB. If I hover next to a receptacle, it reads 95 dB. If I turn my lights off, I go down to about 45 dB. If I shut off the circuit to the receptacle I just measured, the meter reads about 45 dB. The problem is so bad that I can trace my house-wiring in my wall with the SPL meter! I can't hear this noise because it is above my hearing threshold but I am sure it somewhere between 20KHz to 30 KHz (otherwise I am sure my meter wouldn't detect it). And by the way, my neighbor to the east has the same problem but my neighbor to the west does not. The utility does not doubt me. They believed the problem could be due to a cracked insulator however that turned out to not be the case. And they are ill-equipped and trained to tackle these kinds of problems as an engineer at the utility confided in me. So I am asking again. If anyone knows of a company that sells power line filters that I can install at the service entrance, I'd sure like to look into them. Thanks.