As mentioned, I bought mine from eCost as well. No problems and extremely quick shipping. I've ordered probably a dozen things from eCost over the past 4-5 years, and the experience has always been good. That said, all of my transactions have been 'simple' purchases. Nothing that required contacting their customer support, mail-in-rebates, nor returns. Pretty much any company should be able to do a simple bill & ship transaction with minimal problems.

One thing to keep in mind about the 'bargain countdown' stuff, is that the 'units remaining' and the 'time remaining' is mostly* a gimick. I've watched stuff go from 1 or 2 units remaining one day, to having 20 left the next, dwindle back down to 1 or 2, then bump back up to 15. Most of the timers simply reset back to several days when they expire. They do it to generate an auction-like kind of excitement in hopes of moving whatever they're trying to sell at that discount (IMHO).

*Products do eventually revert back to their normal prices. I was once thinking about purchasing a camcorder from them, and watched the countdown & units dwindle for a couple of days. Soon after having 1 unit left, it went off the countdown and back up to the old price. So it *can* matter.

Quote:

Thanks Jake and Jack! I guess I'll just wait and see!

It was a pretty quick decision, as I needed to buy another voltage regulator today and remembered the Belkin unit discussion. eCost only had one left so I grabbed it.....

I didn't feel the need to research since I had used eCost so much in the past. But...wow... I normally trust resellerratings.com so I didn't know what to think.... (!)

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 03/19/07 02:34 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office