Originally Posted By: Mojo
No, it's not at all over-kill. It looks like you will have a very nice room. You may want to move the couch in the centre a little closer to the front to enjoy a better soundstage from the 80s. Try to form an equilateral triangle between you and the speakers.

If you are interested in good bass at a small sweet area, get the 600. If you want more even bass around the room, get two or more 500s.

You may want to consider adding a raised floor and putting the couches that are against the wall on this raised floor so that you can have elevated theatre seating.

I was thinking of the raised floor but it's a multi-purpose room and the WAF got in the way when I mentioned it. I will also have a small workout area in the back of the room. I am thinking of going with the AVR-4308CI from denon to power the system.
Do two Ep 500's realy keep up with the 600 because the price difference is not that large this might be a good option for me but where would you place them. unfortunatly I have already drywalled and cant put inwall wiring to the subs.