Tversity is completely free for home use. They just ask that you purchase a license if you intend on using it for comercial purposes. I don't think there are any differences in the home or commerical version either.

The denon GUI looks very slick and works great for most everything. However, browsing through your playlist on the denon can be a little slow at times. Once you get the main remote figured out (or program a different one) you learn how to do it a little quicker. The denon also has the option of scrolling up or down page by page through your playlist, which speeds things up a bit (the way you do this on the main remote is kind of odd though). You can also search by letter... so if you are browsing by artist and want to look at the artists that start with a 'D' you can do so.

I am just starting my flac collection so I do not have tons of flac files to sort through. I do have a ton of mp3's though.

Anyway, to sum things up TVerstiy works great for sharing media. The denon works great for accessing the flac files on my computer, and allowing me to play them with the main denon remote. The only thing I don't like is the fact that navigating through your media on the denon be seem slow at times. However, it is all there and it all plays great \:\)
I have used the 360 for this in the past and like how you can hold down the right trigger to scroll REALLY fast.... there is no fast scrolling with the denon. However, the xbox 360 does not support flac files and the denon does \:\)

There may be hardware that let you surf through your playlist faster then the denon, but I feel no desire to upgrade to anything else. The denon will play all of my flac files with no problem.

Check out this getting started FAQ for TVerstity. It talks about setting it up with your wii:

http://tversity.com/support/quickstart/

Last edited by terzaghi; 01/08/08 09:43 PM.

-David