Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Where's Bren?
Staying out of anything that resembles politics or religion.

I like our system... it's not perfect, but it works pretty well. I mean, as a young-ish professional living with the same, she goes to the doctor every 6 months (because she's female... and their parts require maintentance), I've been... three times in ten years I think? Chances are that I'm paying more in taxes then I get back from the system, but if you look past your own bubble... I'm also paying for the guy standing beside me at a concert to get his bronchitis looked after so he doesn't give it to me... I'm also paying for my grandmother's health care... and for all the less-selfish people out there that have kids to form the next generation.

I'm not sick now, but I could be someday... I could drop dead at 85 having never had a major illness (and damn, I gambled all that tax money on a system I never used), or I could be shot on opening day of hunting season this year and require a level of care that would economically cripple my family if I didn't have the coverage. I like the former idea... at worst, I've helped cover the bill for some poor kid somewhere born with a defect of some kind.

Bren R.