We already have a two-tier system here in Canada. Dental and drugs are not supported by the government. I am lucky that my company pays for most of these things. However, if I was unemployed or retired without a company pension, I would have to pay for these things out of my own pocket. Has anyone ever priced out what braces for a 12 year old costs or durgs for a cancer patient. You would have to seek private insurance in these cases, unless you were very wealthy.

I think there could be a system for the rich and not so rich. If you take a person that has worked all his life and made a good living, payed off his home and has a nice next egg. Why would this person have to wait months for an MRI when he is able and willing to pay for one?

If we could set up this type of system it would help fund more MRI machines in Canada, and would reduce wait times. However both systems need to be regulated by the government to prevent the outragous spending in the US. The conversation would be like this.

"Sir, you need an MRI for you knee, you have two choices. You can wait 8 months and it's free, or you can get one tomorrow but it will cost you $1500" (not sure what the price would be).

The patient now depending on his pain and financial situation, can make a choice.

Paul

paul

Axiom M80, VP180, Qs8, EP500
Epson 3020
Rotel RB-880
Denon AVR-990