I have a Dell 2408wfp. It's great, but it needs some bugs worked out of it. I have the A00 revision, I'm waiting for the A01 revision.

2 problems:

1) Reds come through a little to vibrant
2) The sharpness of the monitor can only be set at (0, 25, 50, 75, 100). 50 is too sharp (a little color around text) and 25 is too fuzzy. The A02 revision will increment sharpness by 10 rather than 25.

I have a 20" widescreen monitor going vertical next to my 24" going horizontal. It's oodles of screen space, I love it.

The Dell has a PLETHORA of inputs, and is HDCP complient so Blue Ray and HD material can be viewed on it.

1080p material is oogletastic on it, it looks AWESOME. The colors are way better Samsung 245T...i've seen reviews point to this... like here (referring to the 2407wfp instead...this is the older 24" from dell) http://www.behardware.com/articles/680-2/lcd-24-iiyama-b2403ws-samsung-245t.html

I would buy it now from Dell...they have a $100 off coupon. When A02 comes out just swap it with the replacement warrenty.

People are "up and up" about the issue over at hardforum ( here ). Most people have absolutely no idea what they are talking about there, especially on that thread in the beginning (RGB rainbow effects are complete bullcrap...etc.) The only two real issues with the monitor are the ones that I noted previously. Most other 24" have way more setbacks in the image quality department than this Dell 2408wfp does.

My desk right now:

M22s|VP100|QS4s|HSU STF2