I use a Rotel RB 1070 for a pre amp. It has no DACs. Just analogue inputs. So I reckon my grand idea of laptop interface is defunct…….

Second option that I’m now pondering is to just suck it up and buy a media storage device or a controller for my changers.

I found this one that looks way cool…. http://www.escient.com/products/dvdm100.html

I found it with a quick Google search, refurbished for $1000. It will control three Sony Mega Changers.

The product page says it will only control Sony 777 DVD changers, but I called tech support and was told it will control any Sony changer with S-link, but that in his words “Most” people don’t use it for what I want, with emphasis on the most. I reckon Tom and I are the only weirdo’s out there that use Mega changers and want to automat them. So while I had this guy on the phone, I asked him about media cataloguing and creating play lists like in Windows Media Player or I-tunes. He told me that all I had to do was hook this thing up to my changers and tell it to catalogue and it takes it from there. It will cycle each CD, grab data off the CD and then talk to their server and grab album cover and all the other info just like WMP. All I need is a monitor and I’m set. They sell a touch screen that works with the DVDM100 too. That would be way cool…

Tom, why don’t you buy this and tell me how well it works???

Riker,

Thanks. I'll look some more into what you are doing as well.