Thanks all.

There was indeed a kick pedal waiting for me when Christmas struck early. A Pearl, model somethin somethin. Not high end but shouldn't self destruct any time soon. I'm still throneless but hopefully, not for long.

I've been scoping out the amazing amount of free lessons at FreeDrumLessons.com I also have the opportunity to buy this set of 12 instructional DVDs for $30 bucks from a guy at work. http://www.icanplaydrums.com/ I probably would have dismissed this sight as being too cheesy but it actually gets very strong reviews over at vdrums.com. Plus for $30 bucks, I can't really go wrong.

A friend will offer pointers and corrections on technique and I haven't ruled out formal lessons yet but I'm going to go this route for now until I feel I need the personal touch.

I can actually do some basic beats and fills already but I have a long way to go before I could incorporate it into music, but learning is the fun part. I tend to only get bored with things when I reach my max potential and I don't see that happening with a musical instrument....ever.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.