What are you using the TV for? Just movies and TV, Gaming (casual, heavy), computer monitor? Do you really need a super flat screen or do you have room for an RPTV?

All the technologies deliver a good image at this point, so use determines type more than anything else (IMO). For example, I ended up going with an RPTV because I use my display as a computer monitor as well and my son does a lot of gaming. That puts me at the highest risk of burn in. Burn in on plasmas is not a particularly high risk, but it does still exist.

Black levels on LCDs are almost as good as plasma these days. LCD backlit with local dimming probably puts them on par with Plasma, but I havn't looked closely at these models

I would narrow it down like this:

If you are a casual gamer or do no gaming and won't use the display as a computer monitor, go for plasma. No blurring issues and plasmas give the nicest overall image and colour.

If you are a heavy gamer and/or are using the display as a computer monitor look at LCD or RP.

The reason I put RP in there, is that it delivers the dual advantage of no blurring and good colour and black levels. In the past rp was also the best bang for the buck. In my case over 1K less than a similarly sized lcd.

Samsung seems to be the leader in LCD (unless you go to a super expensive sony) and RP and Panasonic for plasma (unless you go for the super expensive Kurio).

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!