Rick, I'm sorry to hear that you had a problem with your Sharp television. But to be fair, every manufacturer has a horror story of some sort, nobody is immune to these kinds of things.

Not that I blame you for not wanting to ever buy another Sharp product mind you, when this sort of thing happens, it generally leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

My own personal horror story goes with a Sony 36 inch flat screen I bought back in 2000. It was the center piece of my very 1st attempt at a home theater. Accompaning it was.a Sony rack system I paid a whopping $600 bucks for (you know, one of those package deals that comes with a reciever, a CD player, a dual tape deck & two speakers). Yeah is was barbarack, but I was happy with it at the time.

So the Sony was one of 3 TV's in the house (& the only one plugged into a surge protector btw), and after owning it for a year the tube went out apparently during an electrical storm, even though the other two TV's were not harmed. That failure turned me completely off of Sony. I got rid of the cheap rack system, upgraded to Denon/Cerwin Vega/Cambidge Soundworks & a Toshiba television and won't ever buy another Sony product.

That's not to say I don't think anyone else should either. I'm sure there are plenty of Sony fans out there who are extremely happy with their products. I'm just not one of them.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD