I wanted to love plasma, I really did. All of the stuff written about plasma tv's make them sound like they're better than sex (unless you're a pro-gamer). But as someone else mentioned on here, when I view a plasma next to an LCD down at HH Greggs, the plasma just looks dull... and not in a good way.

I'm sure if I got one into my livingroom I would probably be very happy with it, but when they cost as much more than an LCD as they do, I just have to ask myself 'why'??? I had a Toshiba 65 inch rear projection 1080i television that I thought was 'tits' when I was watching an HD program on it. Sure it had problems when you moved off center from it, but my seat sat directly in front of it, so I wasn't concerned much about it. Then my roommate got a Sharp Aquos 42 inch LCD and my whole world was turned upside down! Crisp, clean, clear picture with vivid color, and AMAZING clarity... check, check, check, check and double CHECK!!! I remember telling him that the HD picture on his tv looked better than real life! My ancient rear projection tv suddenly seemed like a real piece of crap!!!

And that was just the 60 hz model. Now they have 120 hz, and will soon have 240? This is getting crazy! But to be honest, I've watched a football game at the store on a Sharp Aquos 65 inch 60 hz model right next to the 120 hz model and the difference was there, but minimal. I'm sure once I get the 60 hz model into my livingroom I won't miss the extra refreshing a whole lot. Maybe in 5 years when they're up to 9000 hz I'll think about upgrading, but until then $2800 bucks for a 65 inch Sharp LCD is just peachy for me when the 120 hz model runs $5500... DEFINATELY not worth twice the price. And now they have an even newer 65 inch LCD that costs $10,000. I'm sure it's nice, but like I said I'm still in love with the original Aquos.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD