Personally, i can only talk about my 52" XBR. (see gallery family man 2nd try)i bought it last year from the Sony Store. the picture is incredible. the Sony give's me options no other LCD or Plasma gave me. I have seen the sony 120hz models and don't see much differance for now. sony have what they call motion enhancer on their video stuff which really helps with smoothing fast motion. I know that their 240 hz stuff will be out soon. I also use the motion enhancer on my sony BDP 5000ES. that combanation for the money is incredible. my only regret is that i didn't get the Anthem D2. I have the Sony 5300 ES. Very an ok reciever but i am sure that i could get more from my Axioms with a better Pre/Pro than a reciever. Many would argue that its close but it isn't. so for myself, LCD gave a bright picture and the blacks are very good. Plasma just looked dull.

this is just my opinion. I would suggest you look at them and try not to look at the specs. forget the name brands and go with what you like. chances are you will keep this set for at least 7-10 years. a few bucks more is worth the investment for all that enjoyment.

one last thing, if you can wait a little longer, the economy is crashing. they will be giving them away. haggle haggle haggle with the price. they won't let you walk out of the store. its a buyers market.

M80-QS8-VP150-EP600-A1400-8
STR-DA5300ES BDPS5000ES.

Mark