OK, I think I am almost there decision wise. Firstly I have to go home and figure out exactly where front wall LCR would go given my stud placement to ensure I haven't forgotten something - I have been on a business trip throughout these posts. I will use some cardboard cutouts to give me an idea.

I will explore the VP series with shelf vs. W series for center channel options.

So a few final questions:
1. QS4 vs. QS8 for surrounds. I am thinking QS4 due to room size, budget and WAF. Am I really giving much up going with the smaller surround sonically?

2. Factory Outlet Purchase - For those that have gone this route, has anybody found blemishes that are obvious and really detract from your speaker? Also, what are the lead times like, are they approximately what it says on the web page? (4 weeks for my selections is indicated)

3. Alan (note I got the spelling right this time!) and others with W-Series experience: Can I audition the W-Series without cutting holes in my walls? Return becomes less of an option once you've butchered your walls! I am thinking I can clip the speaker to the in-wall enclosure portion but use a temporary 'hanger' or shelf to place on my wall. Will this make a sonic difference to the speaker if it's not installed exactly as intended for auditioning purposes?

4. Placement near corner - I am struggling with keeping my front right channel out of the corner of the room but still tring to reduce the asymmetry of front wall vs. listening position. What is the minimum distance I can safely use from the corner to the closest edge of the right channel speaker? Here is the link to see approximate floor plan:
http://picasaweb.google.ca/lh/photo/SxG3caPyTLCvThhZ9awrfA?feat=directlink

Cheers all.

Dan
On-Wall M5HP LCR, QS8 & EP500 in 7.1