Hmmmmmn... I wonder if having the back Q's 10" (as oppoped to 2" - 4") from ceiling (also with no walls around as you point out Randy) would further negatively affect lower freq. output? Randy, what does your Denon set your rear x-overs at, after running Audyssey? Others with ceiling mount rears (or sides) with walls very far away from speaker... what does your auto set up set these speakers at?

I've been told I can manually set EQ to adjust rears to compensate. (NOT changing x-over from 150Hz to anything lower in x-over settings). My best guess is this is addressed on page 34 of the 1909 manual (EQ Customize), but I cannot understand what to do from what the, er, 'world class' manual (doesn't) say. ;\) Anyone know how to or if I SHOULD try to have backs receive frequencies down to say 80Hz? Maybe the fact that the Denon or Audyssey cannot 'hear' anything below 150Hz from the back Qs, means I should just leave the x-over at 150Hz and let the subs produce below 150Hz for signals sent to the back channels. Double Hmmmmn... seems I have answered my own question. Dude, let the sub do it... (is that right?)

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."