Originally Posted By: Worfzara
I just choose instead to open my pocket book to get more power to minimize the possibility of speaker damage.

paul

Lol, hey Paul don't get too defensive about it, there's no need to hang your head in shame. Finding a power amp inside your AV closet isn't like finding a marijuana cigarette in your hand, you don't have to exclaim, "I USE IT FOR MADICINAL PURPOSES ONLY"!!! \:D

Everyone who listens to music HAS to have a power amp. Some chose to stick with the one's that fit nice and neat inside a reciever, others chose the one's that a reciever could fit inside of. With as many differing opinions as there are in this hobby, it comes as no surprise that power amps are as hotly debated as they are. But it's not the sort of thing where guys who own recievers are the good guys and those of us with power amps are the bad guys.

Ed Begley Jr rides a bicycle around when he's out and about running errands, going to visit a friend and so on and so forth... a bicycle is all anyone really 'needs'. How many of us ride bicycles around everywhere we go? I ride a two wheeled rocket ship around that sucks down dead dinosaur blood and puts 175 hp to the pavement in a violent and dangerous manner... there's no way I can defend my reasoning for doing this other than to say, "it's just the kinda guy I am".

I could get by with a 50 watt per channel reciever just as easily as I could get by the Ed Begley Jr way... hell for that matter I don't NEED to eat meat (like that delicious porterhouse I just had), have sex (already have two kids) or tell my fiancee I love her everyday (I already gave her a ring saying that didn't I???)... but hey, that's just the kinda guy I am folks. \:\)

Last edited by Micah; 11/26/09 04:28 AM.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD