Micah, I think you've got it. \:\)

It would be interesting to EQ a good sub like my PB13 to have an output bump in the 50-80hz range just see if it can produce that chest pound feel.I guess this would be a good reason to run multiple subs above an beyond the normal 2-4. I can remember the PB12-nsd had a chest thump feel to it and it does have a minor bump in the 50-60hz range.

I also know the bass Micah is talking about from the M80s, they had my room rattling AND had some pretty good chest pound when I had the A1400 hooked up.

Roar, I can assure you the M22s won't have any great change in sound with a more powerfull amp. I ran them with the A1400 and the only difference I heard was the highs had better seperation and were cleaner at louder volume. I actually thought they sounded a little anemic due to the lack of bass they produced because the mids and highs over shadowed them so much, they really needed a sub when hooked to the outboard amp.

I know you weren't wowed by the sub you tried, unless it was a quality sub like the Axiom ep350 and up, Paradigm dsp series or the SVS subs or of similar/better quality like we mention here, you were not getting the full picture. I tried many subs out and none were as good as those we constantly bring up on this forum. I feel the Paradigm DSP series is quite possibly the best bang for the buck along with the EP350.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70