Originally Posted By: FordPrefect
roar,
Many decades ago when I left my parents house and moved into my first (and only) apartment I bought a bed and $2,000 worth of stereo equipment, a lot of money in the 70's

My logic is as follows. I NEEDED a couch, chairs, tables, etc. etc. so I knew that I would have to find a way to get them. I didn't NEED a stereo system and if I had spent my money on furniture there is a chance I would have never gotten the stereo system of my dreams.

I was single then and that served me well, I wouldn't advise it if you are married.

In other words buy the amp. \:\) The subwoofer will follow.

You're not making this any easier, this was supposed to be an easy one, everyone calls me crazy and tells me to get the sub \:\)

I've got to track down one of those Paradigm subs and get myself out to Markham to hear the SVS subs, if they don't completely bowl me over I may be calling Emotiva.

Now if I could just bill a couple of extra hours on this project I'm working on maybe I could swing both.

Here is another thought this message put into my head, the Emotiva amp would come into the house, straight into the basement and would go pretty much unnoticed... the sub on the other hand would be noticed pretty much immediately, so I like the unknown WAF on the amp \:\)