Originally Posted By: bdpf

For those of you that have the harmony remote, does it keep track of which devices are on or off at anytime? What I am getting at is:
-if I want to listen to a CD for example,
- if nothing was on, it needs to turn on the CD player and the receiver but
- if previous to that I was watching TV, the same function needs to turn on the CD player, the receiver but also turn off the TV (if it knows that the TV was on)
Can it do that?

Yes, that is exactly what it does. When you power down everything, all your "activities" are listed, such as watch TV, listen to CD, etc. When you activate one of these, it turns on the components you programmed it to turn on. You can then press the "activity" button on the remote to go to another activity, say, watch a Blu-ray. The remote will turn on the BD player, turn off the cable box (if you use one for TV) and will switch the input in the receiver (or TV) as well. You can even program what order you want things powered on or off. They really are very cool. I have an older 520 I have had for years, and I just purchased an 880 about four months back on a good deal. Both are great.

EDIT: As far as how loud the Denon will play... Well, I just listened to a two hour concert DVD at just below what I would consider a reference level for me (wife is home, hehe) which equates to about -12 on the level... And the receiver is luke warm at best.

Last edited by Potatohead; 01/19/10 06:16 AM.