Also with the Harmonies if something doesn't work for example, or something doesn't turn on, you can press the "help" button which you can then select what to turn back on... Or you can press the "devices" button which individualizes each component, and you can power on, or access a specific menu or something that way as well. Any other features of any of your remotes for any component that you also wish to use for a specific activity, you can also program into the Harmony so they are on any button on the entire remote, or they can be "screen buttoned" also if you do not have a practical place on the remote to program it in. So, for example, you can have the "menu" button for three components at once on the remote.

Keep in mind all the Harmonies (as far as I know) are programmed pretty much the same, they all use the same software, so if you want to get your feet wet you can buy a cheaper 510/520 on Ebay for $40 or so to see if you get along with them. The only thing I don't like about my 520 is it does not have a page down/page up button, but you can add them onto the "screen buttons" which I have done. The 880 is a mid level one with a color screen but it's not too expensive either. I think most of the newer ones use a cell phone battery as well, so you only have to charge them about once a week.

Last edited by Potatohead; 01/19/10 04:59 PM.