Well, I remember back in high school we had a hippy type teaching our metal shop class. He was generally known around the school for being a bit of a twit as well as having private liason's with the girls phys ed teacher.

Anyway, part of our metal shop involved training in welding and brazing amongst other things, and Mr "L" used to test our welds by placing them in the same, huge bench vise and beat the crap out of the welded pieces to test their strength and mark us accordingly. Now, most of us kinda got the impression that Mr "L" was a little to enthusiastic trying to break the students welds since he seemed to get a little flustered on a 'good' weld and keep on hammering at it 'til he was red in the face so next class, a couple of us grade 9'ers decided to exact some justice on Mr "L".

Normally, he started classes off with a 20-30 minute lesson on whatever we were learning at the time, perhaps turning or milling, in this case we were working on small engine repair. So, before class a couple of us made some adjustments to the tool cabinet and to his favourite bench vise. He had the class around the big workshop bench with a small 4 stroke engine sitting on it, explaining how it works and how we'll take it apart ect....so he goes to get the 3/8" ratchet out of the tool cabinet, grabs both doors in each hand, swings them open and both of the bloody doors fly off and rattle to the shop floor, someone had removed the pins out of all the hinges!!...class just goes NUTS!!....of course, so did Mr "L"....he got really pissed off and yells out to my friend "Pete" whom he suspected...."WHERE"S YOUR WELDING PROJECT?"....Pete brings his welding project up to Mr L, who was feeling he was going to exact some revenge by embarassing Pete's sh*tty welding skills in front of the whole class..."Now we'll see how strong you're weld is!!"....goes to open his beloved bench vise, that looked like it belonged in a WW2 Russian Tank Factory..."WHAT!!...WHO WELDED THIS VISE CLOSED!!!" Class goes even more NUTS!!

The whole class new about it, but knowone said a peep, even though the entire class served detention. I think it kind of put this Mr L in his place a bit, he seemed to quieten down a little after that.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.