The good old days of having fun and messing with coworkers are long gone where I work. Everyone has to be “PC” or you get some ridiculous complaint filed against you. It’s so bad that I can’t even hold a door open for a female anymore because that is considered discrimination…… No joke.

But, there was a time when we did have a lot of fun. Anti seize on ear muffs, phones or hard hat brow bands were always good ones. A couple drops of methyl purple in someone’s coffee that you really didn’t like was a good one too. Before we had email, passwords, time outs and an IT Gestapo, love letters between coworkers were always expected. You’d walk away from a computer that you were logged onto and someone would send one of your coworkers a love letter from your account…..not that I ever did that….LOL. I had my house put up for sale for one hell of a good deal once. I must have had twenty calls on that one. One time a friend of mine who was constantly coming up with creative ways to mess with coworkers staged an inflatable “Love Ewe” in the trunk of another guy’s car. He then got security to make sure they pull him car over for a search and the Ewe popped out of the trunk with a string of cars waiting to gain access to the facility. It was quite obvious what a pervert was supposed to do with the Ewe…

In my Navy days, we’d always send new guys to the bridge for a bucket of steam or report to the bow of the ship for mail buoy duty where he was supposed to snag the mail bag off the buoy as the ship passed by. I used to have the new guys stand bilge watch too. Watching water slosh back and forth always had the same results. Oh…the good old days…