Don't wait for the new stuff to drop. By the time it does the new 'new' stuff will be out and then you'll want it instead. Just buy the biggest screen you can afford from last year. Trust me once you get it in your basement and away from the newer screens down at the appliance store, you'll never notice whatever it is that it doesn't have.

I bought Sharp's 60 hz LCD screen even though sitting next to the 120 hz & 240 hz models it wasn't the BEST looking model. All I had to do was remember back two years when it first came out how much better it looked than anything else in the store, and how bad I wanted it, but couldn't afford it. Then I looked at the price tags & realized that there was no way the other screens were worth two to three times what this one cost.

And now that it's in my living room it looks stunning. I don't ever notice that it's an inch thicker than the L.E.D. screens are. Nor do I notice it refreshing itself half as many times as the newer screens. Or that it has a measly 10,000 to 1 contrast ratio... which is about as high as the human eye can notice a difference anyway (sort of like audio equipment that play up to 40,000 hz... The human ear can't hear anything above, what 18,000 or something like that? Likewise screens with 1,000,000 to 1 contrast ratio's are overkill. It's wasted on the human eye).

And the reason I don't notice any of those things is because all those other screens are down at that store, not in my living room. Once it's in your living room, it has no competition.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD