I’ve now had a chance to use a Zune HD, Archos 5, Cowen s9 and an iPad. I’ve decided what I want is a Zune for video quality an Archos size screen with Cowen Sound Quality and an iPad interface. Is it that much to ask for one company to get it right, how about 3 out of 4 or even 2/4.

The last thing I tried was an iPad and must say I was quite impressed. It just plain worked. Never touched one before and with one push of the Youtube app and a few fat-fingered keystrokes and I was watching my favorite Oreskaband video. Cool thing was I turned it off and then back on again and it came up exactly where I left off. Did the same for a movie I also checked out. Does anyone know if any other players can do that? Also the interface was the most responsive of the 4.

Based on my experience with other computing devices I find that those devices and programs that just work and are user friendly get used more often so despite my aversion to iTunes and not the longest battery life or best SQ the i-devices are definitely in the running.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1