I finally broke down and bought a “portable media player.” More precisely I got a Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate from Verizon. I do however, have a couple of questions.

Can anyone recommend a good pair of circumaural headphones for mobile use. Along the same lines does using separately powered Bluetooth headphones help save battery life on the player or not?

Also can anyone recommend any Android Apps that they find useful? I’ve been finding and downloading some free ones so far but am starting to run out the commonly recommended ones. So far I’ve got:

Google Sky Map - just because it’s cool
Barcode Scanner - pretty much the same reason
Google Goggles - more of the same
ASTRO - for file management
Last.fm - seems it would have more of a “world view” than Pandora but I might try it too.
c:geo - an awesome geocashing app that syncs with the geocashing.com database.
My Tracks - logs distance, speed, elevation for running cycling etc. . . .
GPS Test - to make sure the GPS was working (hadn’t known to enable it for external apps)

The default video and music players seem ok with just one glitch. So far everything I’ve tried mp3, wav, flac, mp4, avi, mkv, wma have worked. The glitch is that the only subtitled video I’ve tried, the mkv file didn’t show subtitles on the Galaxy S but works on the computer.

Also I was able to sync up the phone with Mediamonkey so music management is already seamless.

Got WiFi working for when I’m at home.

Any other suggestions or tips are welcome since this is not only my first mobile media device but also first cell phone.

I can’t comment on the audio quality yet since I don’t have headphones that this little thing can power but the PQ is amazing.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1